Convenient foot protection is a must to sit in a saddle still. The TuffRider Paddock Boots gets the gold medal for their durable and flexible features while having a refined look. What a win-win solution!
While riding a horse, there has to be nothing disturbing during the ride so you could be totally focused. That’s why it’s essential to get a comfortable high-quality equestrian gear like horse riding boots. They are designed particularly for equestrian sports to help the rider stay comfy in a saddle for long. In addition, the materials used for riding boots are quite sturdy and durable so you can wear them in all weather conditions not being afraid of puddles, mud, dust, and other unpleasant obstacles.
Nowadays there’s a huge array of horse riding boots that differ in styles, length, fabric, and sizes so you’re able to choose the best pair of shoes regardless of your purposes and willings. Therefore, a list of tiptop horse riding boots for women is presented here for your consideration.
Top 5 Horse Riding Boots for Women Comparison
TuffRider Paddock Boots
Equistar Ladies Field Boots
TuffRider Field Boots
Saxon Ladies Paddock Boots
ARIAT Women's Paddock Boots
Best Horse Riding Boots for Women Detailed Review
Still feeling puzzled about the goods? No probs, we have you covered! Here’s a detailed review of 5 best equestrian boots for women so you can compare the products and find your perfect protection.
1 TuffRider Paddock Boots – Soft Adjustable Shoes
The TuffRider Paddock Boots or Jodhpur boots are designed for the everyday ride so you can wear them in all weather conditions. They are quite flexible because of the elastic gussets at the top that is very convenient. The gear is claimed as a highly-reputable product that is great for pleasure riding and schooling.
- The boots are made with synthetic leather that is super soft and durable.
- They come with solid adjustable gussets to fit the size perfectly.
- The front zip design provides comfortable putting on / off.
- The sole with tread is made with solid rubber to improve the protection when riding.
The TuffRider Paddock Boots are great punched style jodhpur boots that are sturdy due to the fabrics used. The synthetic leather shaft provides comfy wear while the thick rub outsole protects from the mud. Being designed with enhanced stitching, spur rests, elastic gussets, and rounded toes, this gear will definitely bring you joy into horse riding activities.
- Cozy and adjustable
- Punched toes
- Easy to clean
- Poor toe strip
- Could be stiff a bit
2 Equistar Ladies Field Boots – Super Narrow Gear
The Equistar Ladies Field Boots have a classy tall-shaft look being made with synthetic leather material. They come with a narrow profile design to provide a sleek fit. There are small V-styled gussets at the top to fit comfy. What a great option for schooling, riding, and shows.
- The gear is made with synthetic leather that is super soft and comfy.
- They come in a narrow design with adjustable calves to fit well.
- The boots are lined with Dry-Tex fabric to save your feet in rainy weather.
- They have a zipper at the back to avoid friction when riding.
The Equistar Ladies Field Boots is an awesome product if you’re looking for a comfortable pair of equestrian boots for a reasonable price. They are made with sturdy leather to last long and protect you during the ride. The gear comes in a huge range of sizes to fit any equestrian lady.
- Comfy and durable
- Water resistant
- Easy to clean
- Poor zipping
- Not very breathable
3 TuffRider Field Boots – Great Flexible Wear
The TuffRider Field Boots is another well-known equestrian product for equestrians with a tall shaft design this time. The synthetic leather fabric brings a trendy look and convenient fit. The material is dense enough to resist the water. The gear is claimed as schooling and riding boots for women.
- The boots are made with a vegan leather material that is durable and water-resistant.
- They come with stretchy gussets along the shafts to fit snugly.
- The reinforced stitching boot design provided to last longer.
- The back zip with a snap closure for a sleek protective fit.
The TuffRider Field Boots are wholesome in different equestrian sports to keep the rider comfy and provide freedom of movements during the ride. The water-resistant feature enhances durability while elastic gussets and a snap closure foster flexibility. The solid sizing chart gives you an opportunity to find the best pair of horse riding boots.
- Flexible and sturdy
- Calf fixing
- Great for beginners
- Poor zipper
- Ankles may be roomy
4 Saxon Ladies Paddock Boots – Easy-to-Pull-On Boots
The Saxon Ladies Paddock Boots are solid jodhpur shoes that could be used in everyday activities. They come with a zipper at the front and gussets on the sides so there are two options on how to put them on / off which is very convenient. The gear also features thick sole to protect the rider and improve comfort.
- These boots are made with grained PU leather fabric that is firm and supple.
- The elastic gussets and a YKK front zipper provide a better fit to the rider.
- The footbed is made with Ethylene Vinyl Acetate material to absorb well.
- The gear is designed with a hard-wearing rubber sole for improved protection.
The Saxon Ladies Paddock Boots are known for its solid design and flexible features. Being made with PU leather, the gear is water-resistant while the EVA footbed enhances sweat absorption. In addition, pull-up gussets provide more adjustability. The boots come in two classic colors and a wide range of sizes.
- Good for beginners
- Keep you dry for long
- Great for narrow feet
- Seams should be improved
- Not for shows
5 ARIAT Women’s Paddock Boots – Front Lace-Up Gear
The ARIAT Women’s Paddock Boots is a fascinating pair of boots, particularly for leisure riding. The wear features a lace-up design at the front with no zipper and V-shaped gussets for a comfortable fit. It’s made with full-grain leather that is moisture-wicking and quite durable in use.
- They are made with synthetic full-grain leather with extra padding at the top.
- The gear comes in lace-up design with speed laces and a lock at the top.
- The footbed is reinforced to provide better comfort during the ride.
- The rubber outsole with tread attached to improve the durability and protection.
The ARIAT Women’s Paddock Boots are popular for its comfy design and thick lining. Unlike other products, this gear laces up to provide the snug fit when riding. It’s also water-resistant and easy to wash so you can wear them on a daily basis. The boots come in one color but with a wide range of size options.
- Sturdy and stretchy
- Protected sole
- Cushioned footbed
- No zipper
- Could be stiff
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Do I Need Horse Riding Boots?
Horse riding boots are designed in order to protect the rider and add more comfort while you’re in a saddle. Like athletes use special footwear, horse riding sportsmen have their special garment. Equestrian boots are made to keep your leg position accurate as well as provide a better grip on stirrups. That’s why it’s highly recommended to consider buying horse riding gear.
What are the Main Types of Riding Boots?
Horse riding is deemed to be divided into two styles – Western and English. Each of these styles has different boot designs.
- Western boots. Such boots have a bit higher heels than English boots. They tend to have enhanced sole to avoid slipping from the stirrups.
- English boots. These are classy tall black boots but nowadays you can find a variety of color and style options.
- Tall boots. They typically come with a back zipper along the shaft so they are easy to take on / off. It includes field boots for eventing and dress boots for dressage.
- Short boots. It’s quite a versatile design that is more budget-friendly than tall boots. Usually, they come with pull-up gussets or a zipper which is comfy for everyday use. Paddock boots or jodhpur boots is an English-style short footwear that has pull-on, zipper, or laced designs.
What are the Fabrics of Riding Boots?
There’s a huge bunch of options available on the market with a variety of materials used. The fabric affects the quality, durability, and price of the product.
Generally, riding boots can be made with genuine leather which is pricey but this option is more long-lasting and it looks out of the world. Alternatively, there’s faux leather footwear which is quite soft and good for regular riding. Most beginners tend to pick the second variant.
How to Choose the Right Size of Boots?
Depending on which brand you’d like to purchase a pair of boots from, they provide their customers with a wide array of sizing options to fit every rider.
The process of picking the perfect boots is similar to choosing your regular footwear. You have to take measurements of your feet and legs in a sitting position using a soft tape. You might need a helping hand to do it properly.
First, you need to check your boot size by measuring your foot width and length. If you’re looking for tall boots, you’ll need to measure the calf width and height as well. In addition, there’s an option to measure the top of a boot (as it might slightly differ from the calf measurement) by placing a tape around your leg just under your knee.
Can I Wear My Hiking Boots Instead?
It’s definitely not recommended to wear hiking boots for horse riding. That is because these are two various styles made for two different activities. Hiking boots are “heavy” to put on and the tread does not “stick” enough in the stirrup which is crucial. However, some walking and hiking boots come with a solid sole to improve the grip so some equestrians do use them when riding a horse or working in a barn.
If you’re into horseback riding, you should remember to protect your head, hands, legs, and the rest of the body. So feet protection is not an exception. Horse riding boots are specially designed to provide a snug fit so you can feel confident during the ride and control your horse ideally. While choosing a brand-new pair of equestrian shoes like our winner – TuffRider Paddock Boots – consider different aspects that affect the rider’s comfort such as fabric used, flexibility, sole structure, shaft length, and many others.
Hope this article was useful in finding your perfect pair of horse riding boots so now your feet are safe. When finish choosing the equestrian shoes, we strongly recommend you to check out the list of top horse riding breeches as well.