We’ve put on 14 pairs of equestrian shoes to check which one lasts longer and now we’re pretty sure that TuffRider Kid’s Field Boots are the very one. The product features high-quality materials, a trendy look, solid grip – what an all-in-one solution!
No doubt, every caring parent wants only the best for their kids. Especially when it comes to doing sports, high-quality and durable equipment is a vital part. That’s why a solid pair of horse riding boots for kids should be considered when your child is ready for horseback riding activities. Not only the head has to be protected properly but the lower body too. Well-made equestrian boots could enhance the tight sit position in a saddle while providing freedom of movement for the rider.
Thus we ere looking for top-notch riding boots for kids that are extremely sturdy and look classy. So your little equestrian could spend long hours riding their companion with pleasure.
Top 5 Horse Riding Boots for Kids Comparison
TuffRider Kid's Field Boots
TuffRider Children's Paddock Boots
ARIAT Kids Western Boots
EQUISTAR All Weather Paddock Boots
Saxon Child Paddock Boots
Best Horse Riding Boots for Kids Detailed Review
If you need a few options on where to choose from, here you go! Check out the detailed review of 5 equestrian pairs of boots for boys and girls that are totally the cream of the top.
1 TuffRider Kid’s Field Boots – Solid Tall-Shaft Gear
The TuffRider Kid’s Field Boots is a product made by a popular equestrian brand with a tall shaft design. The synthetic leather fabric brings a classy look and comfortable fit. The material is thick enough to resist the water. The gear is claimed as schooling and riding boots for kids.
- The boots are made with a synthetic leather material that is lasting and water-resistant.
- They come with stretchy gussets along the shafts at the back for a snug fit.
- The reinforced stitching boot design provides high durability.
- The back zipper with a snap closure for a fixed protective fit.
The TuffRider Kid’s Field Boots are versatile equestrian sport boots that keep the young rider comfy and provide freedom of movements during the ride. The water-resistant feature fosters durability while elastic gussets and a snap closure enhance adjustability. A wide range of sizings gives you an opportunity to find the best pair of horse riding boots for your child.
- Stretchy and sturdy
- Calf fixing
- Great for beginners
- Poor zipping
- Ankles might be roomy
2 TuffRider Children’s Paddock Boots – Soft Punched Wear
The TuffRider Children’s Paddock Boots are also known as jodhpur boots. They are designed for the everyday ride so the shoes are great for all weather conditions. The product is quite flexible because of the elastic gussets from both sides which is very convenient to pull on. It is deemed as a trusted equestrian product that is great for everyday riding and schooling.
- The boots are made with vegan leather that is quite soft and sturdy.
- The product comes with decent elastic gussets to fit the size perfectly.
- The zip design at the front makes them easy to put on / off.
- The outsole with tread is made with solid rubber to enhance the protection during the ride.
The TuffRider Children’s Paddock Boots are great punched jodhpur boots that are highly durable due to the fabrics used. The synthetic leather shaft provides convenient wear while the thick rubber outsole protects from the mud. Being designed with enhanced stitching, elastic gussets, spur rests, and rounded toe box, these unisex boots will definitely bring you joy into equestrian sports.
- Comfy and flexible
- Pull-on design
- Easy to clean
- Poor toe strip
- May be stiff a bit
3 ARIAT Kids Western Boots – Classy Look Garment
The ARIAT presents a solid pair of Wester-style boots for kids that is loved by dozens of young equestrians. They come with a leather ankle and embroidery shaft design which is a wonderful perk. The reinforced stitching improves the durability of these equestrian boots immensely.
- The boots are made with full-grain leather fabric that is soft and supple.
- There are leather loops at the top so the boots could be easy to pull-on.
- The rubber outsole provides a better grip in a saddle.
- The squared toe box is designed for better freedom and comfort.
The ARIAT Kids Western Boots is a great option for little equestrians who are fond of Western-style riding. The shoes are loved for a comfortable design being provided with loops so the kids could put them on / off with no probs. The Ariat brand offers several vivid color styles so your child will be definitely in the spotlight!
- Snug and cozy fit
- Embroidery design
- Durable fabric
- Poor sole tread
- Toe box may be roomy
4 EQUISTAR All Weather Paddock Boots – Elastic Sturdy Gear
The EQUISTAR All Weather Paddock Boots is comfy lightweight wear for horseback riding. The shoes feature a zipper at the front and large gussets on the sides for a snug fit. The product comes with a punched toe strap and reinforced seams for better durability and trendy look.
- These boots are made with synthetic leather that looks like real leather but is easier to clean.
- The gear comes with front zip and elastic gussets at the top for convenient wear.
- The light insole design is made to bring more comfort into the ride.
- The outsole is quite thick and sturdy to be worn in any weather conditions.
The EQUISTAR All Weather Paddock Boots are fascinating horse riding shoes for little fans of equestrianism. They are made with quality materials as well as designed in a classy style. The gear is quite stretchy due to the gussets provided to improve the rider’s fit. The garment comes in two color styles and several sizes so you have options to choose from.
- Soft elastic fabric
- Easy to slip-on
- Great for riding lessons
- Poor zipper
- Not for wide feet
5 Saxon Child Paddock Boots – Pull-On Style Boots
The Saxon Child Paddock Boots are another fascinating jodhpur shoes that could be used on a daily basis. The shoes come with a front zipper and gussets on the sides so they are quite easy to put on / off which is very convenient especially for kids. The garment also features a thick outsole to protect the young rider and enhance comfort.
- The boots are made with grained PU leather material that is solid and flexible.
- The elastic gussets and a YKK zipper at the front are for a better fit to the rider.
- The insole is made with Ethylene Vinyl Acetate material that absorbs great.
- The shoes are designed with a hard-wearing rubber outsole to improve protection.
The Saxon Child Paddock Boots are awesome for their decent design and stretchy features. Being made with grained PU leather, the wear is water-resistant while the EVA insole fosters sweat absorption. Moreover, pull-on gussets provide more flexibility. The boots come in two classic colors and a big array of sizes.
- Great for beginners
- Keep the rider dry for long
- Good for narrow feet
- Seams should be improved
- Not good for shows
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Does My Kid Need Horse Riding Boots?
When it comes to kids’ activities, we crave for safety and convenience. Thus, horse riding boots as an essential part of equestrian gear is a must. This garment is specially designed to make your kids feel comfortable while they’re sitting in a saddle. The boots come with enhanced sole to grip well in stirrups and avoid slipping. That’s why it’s recommended to wear proper equestrian attire and boots is not an exception.
What are the Main Types of Riding Boots?
Horse riding is grasped to be divided into two styles – Western and English. Each of these styles has different boot designs.
- Western boots. Such boots have a bit higher heels than English boots. They tend to have enhanced sole to avoid slipping from the stirrups.
- English boots. These are classy tall black boots but nowadays you can find a variety of color and style options suitable for your children.
- Tall boots. They typically come with a back zipper along the shaft so they are easy to take on / off. It includes field boots for eventing and dress boots for dressage.
- Short boots. It’s quite a versatile design that is more budget-friendly than tall boots. Usually, they come with pull-up gussets or a zipper which is comfy for everyday use. Paddock boots or jodhpur boots is an English-style short footwear that has pull-on, zipper, or laced designs.
What are the Fabrics of Horse Riding Boots?
When choosing a comfy pair of riding boots for kids, the material used is a substantial aspect you should take into consideration before purchasing. As there’s a big array of options on the market, you’re able to choose the best horse riding boots for your child.
Typically, you can find horse riding footwear made with genuine leather that is classy, solid but costly. As an alternative, you should consider PU leather riding boots that are quite comfy for regular use and less expensive. In addition, this variant is a great option for schooling.
How to Choose the Right Size of Boots for My Kid?
If it’s your first time you purchase a pair of horse riding boots for your child, you have to know how to choose the right size. That’s why you need a soft fabric tape as if you do it for casual footwear.
Modern equestrian manufacturers provide their customers with a proper size chart so you can pick the perfect pair. The main measurements that are required when choosing horse riding boots are the foot size, the width of your kid’s calf under the knee, and the calf height.
Can My Kid Wear Walking Boots for Riding?
That’s not a good idea to wear walking or any other non-relevant shoes for equestrian sports. Horse riding boots are designed to protect your child while they are in a saddle, hence other types of boots don’t provide enough safety.
Casual shoes might be “heavy” that don’t fit the stirrups. Furthermore, walking boots don’t have enhanced tread unlike riding footwear which is a plus in terms of solid grip. Thus, we recommend wearing special apparel for equestrian activities.
As you can see, there are lots of equestrian gear available on the market so it’s essential to find the trusted one that is comfortable and protective. That’s why we narrowed down the list to top 5 pairs of horse riding boots so you can choose the comfy gear made by a reputable manufacturer. A great example is TuffRider Kid’s Field Boots that are quite convenient and will last for long. So your little rider will enjoy equestrian sports for sure.
By the way, have you already chosen a solid horse riding helmet for your kid? If the answer is no, check out our detailed review right away.