- Roomy double hod design allows watering a few horses at once.
- Spacious access panel that is easy to maintain at any time.
- The device is insulated with thick foam to keep the warm for long.
- The heating elements are placed at the bottom of the waterer.
When the temperature is getting lower, the time is ripe to think over winterization. Every horse owner wants their hooved friends to slay a cold season with flying colors. That’s why they tend to gear up the stalls and insulate the premises.
Watering is a process that is vital for horses, in winter the volume consumed is even higher. Therefore, you should think of seamless providing your companion with warm water. An automatic heated horse waterer is a lifesaver in this case. It ensures your four-legged pal won’t be thirsty on cold days and nights.
Here are the top products available based on the automatic horse waterer reviews compiled.
Top 5 Heated Automatic Horse Waterer Comparison
|Ritchie Omni Fount||Check Price|
|2||Ritchie Omni Horse Waterer||Check Price|
|3||Brower MK32E Electric Heated Waterer||Check Price|
|4||Behlen Country AHW250 Cattle Waterer||Check Price|
|Farm Innovators Heated Bucket||Check Price|
Best Heated Horse Waterer Detailed Review
Here’s an A-list of automatic horse waterer reviews to be considered.
1. Ritchie Omni Fount - Double Trough Horse Waterer
The Ritchie horse waterer is the cream of the crop in the world of heating systems. The device has two throughs to water more equines or other cattle. The rounded edges provide better safety, which is a plus. The auto horse waterer is easy to clean and maintain. Therefore, you will provide a hack with warm water with no probs.
The Ritchie horse waterer is a spacious device that is trusted by dozens of farmers. The product is loved for its firm insulation features and quality materials. The double trough horse automatic waterer is a great option for owners of a bunch of animals. The hod will help your companion to slay cold conditions with no worries.
2. Ritchie Omni Horse Waterer - Single Trough Horse Waterer
Here’s another Ritchie horse waterer that is worth consideration. It has a smaller design that is fine if your flock is not big. The device comes ready to be installed and it’s easy to maintain. The units are made of stainless steel and the automatic horse waterer with heater is fully insulated to keep water warm even if the temperature is under zero degrees.
The Ritchie horse waterer is claimed to be the best automatic horse waterer for a little herd. The laconic built with rounded edges make the horse waterer safe and space-saving. The device is easy to use and install, which is a great perk. Your horse will enjoy unlimited access to water with such a supplier.
3. Brower MK32E Electric Heated Waterer - Device with Improved Insulation
The Brower horse automatic waterer offers an electric water tub with a great insulation system. The appliance is placed around the troughs to keep the temperature warm. This is a capacious horse waterer that is quite deep. It can serve up to 25 horses with flying colors. Another significant feature is that the supplier is made of metal and steel to improve its durability.
The Brower automatic horse waterer is an outstanding metal-based device. It will serve you and your companion for many years as it’s built with firm materials and thick insulation. The double trough design makes it easy to water a huge bunch of horses. Another perk is that this auto horse waterer comes with single trough and double trough designs.
4. Behlen Country AHW250 Cattle Waterer - Rust-Free Product
The Behlen heated horse waterer is an excellent good with enhanced insulation. The device features urethane insulation with its heat resistance. The bottom is also improved by the styrofoam padding. The automatic horse stall waterer is easy to install as it comes with built-in hold-downs.
The Behlen Country Cattle Waterer is a tickety-boo. The product has two hods that are highly insulated. This automatic waterer horse supplier is great for cold days and nights. The good comes fully assembled so you’ll get the hang of it with no stress. The horse water parts are removable and replaceable, which is a plus.
5. Farm Innovators Heated Bucket - Budget-Friendly Horse Waterer
The Farm Innovators product is not a common automatic horse waterer but a heated bucket. This doesn’t affect its efficiency though. The device is suitable for horses and cattle as it’s spacious enough. It has a flat side to hang it conveniently on the wall. Besides, there’s a hide-away cord option at the bottom for better safety. Another great perk to consider is graduated measuring on the inner wall.
The Farm Innovators Heated Bucket is an ace option if you’re looking for a budget-friendly horse waterer. The product features heavy-duty materials and a thermostatically controlled heater. This awesome automatic horse stall waterer comes in a variety of sizes from 2-gallon heated buckets up to 16-gallon buckets. The heated bucket is easy to clean and maintain.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are the Main Types of Horse Waterer?
Depending on a range of factors such as climate and season, the number of horses kept, location, etc, you may choose different types of horse waterers. Here’s a list of the common appliances:
- Trough. That’s a basic waterer every horseman has. Such a water bowl is usually made of rubber, steel, or plastic. It’s easy to clean and maintain. You can place it both outside and inside. There’s a wide range of sizes and colors to fit your needs. It’s a budget-friendly option. However, in winter you may struggle from water is getting frozen.
- Automatic waterer. That’s a great choice if you don’t want to change water manually. This device will save you lots of time by refilling the water when needed. It’s easy to install and maintain. Typically, automatic horse waterer parts are replaceable that prolongs the device’s lifespan. The product generally comes in stainless steel or plastic. There can also be a non-electric automatic horse waterer. The cost is higher than a regular trough has but it’s worth it. However, this product may not keep water warm in winter as well.
- Automatic horse waterer with heater. If you’re wondering how to deal with frozen water in a cold season, here’s your solution. Such an automatic waterer horse supplier will not only refill water but also heat it up when needed. It’s made with plastic or stainless steel as well as thick insulation inside. There are single- and double-unit designs available to water a herd of horses and cattle. Pick the right size of the waterer to fit your hooved fellow.
- Water bucket. It’s a more budget-friendly option than an automatic horse waterer. That’s a portable device that is easy to clean and maintain. The bucket is commonly made of plastic or rubber. It can have a round shape or it can have a flat side. The flat back is a great perk as it allows you to hang the bucket on the wall and it won’t swing. There can be a heated bucket and an insulated bucket, or both. A bucket with a heater controls the water temperature automatically and the horses have easy access to warm water.
How Does an Auto Horse Waterer Works?
A horse automatic waterer provides constant access to fresh water. It checks the water flow in the unit with the help of a valve. You may find your heated automatic horse waterer contains either a push valve or a float valve.
An automatic horse stall waterer with a push valve starts releasing water as soon as your horse pushes the valve with its muzzle. That means your companion will get a fresh sprinkle of water when he puts his head down in the trough. However, keep in mind that your hooved pal may need some time to get used to this new device. Help him to learn how to use the valve so could get access to water. That means it’s better to check your horse for the first time if he’s doing right.
Alternatively, you can consider investing in an automatic horse waterer with a float valve. The valve will automatically refill the trough with water if the level is low. When the bowl is full, the releaser is off to prevent overflow. The float is hidden and isolated so your hooved friend won’t damage it. Thus, your horse will drink flawlessly from the full waterer every time he approaches it.
Bear in mind that automatic horse waterer parts are replaceable, thus, you may change them at any time to enhance the longevity of the device.
What to Look for in an Automatic Heated Horse Waterer?
Here’s a checklist to consider before purchasing the best automatic horse waterer:
- easy cleaning and low maintenance;
- whether the automatic horse stall waterer is portable and easy to install;
- capable of withstanding cold days and nights;
- durable and solid materials like stainless steel or rubber are used;
- whether the horse automatic waterer has an automatic temperature control;
- whether thick insulation is provided to keep water warm for long;
- whether it’s non-toxic;
- whether all cords are isolated and anti-chew;
- whether it’s electric bill friendly;
- whether the heated horse waterer is protected from larvae getting inside.
- can serve a range of horses and cattle;
- has a solid warranty.
If winter in your region is pretty harsh, you should get ready for winterization like a pro. A heated automatic horse waterer is a go-to device in this case. It will deal with frozen water as easy as a pie. Such a device can be installed inside the barn or outside on the pasture, depending on the type.
There are several types to be considered to any taste and budget. Both electric and non-electric automatic horse waterer options are available. If you crave only the best automatic horse waterer, here’s our top winner – the Ritchie Omni Fount. It will definitely get your hooved friends chuffed to bits. We made automatic horse waterer reviews of the top 5 products on the market so you could make your choice.
Want to keep your four-legged buddy warm in winter? Our horse blanket review may come in handy. Stay cozy!
Image Source: thehorse.com, thepetstutor.com, shutterstock.com.