Choosing the appropriate footwear for horse riding is crucial for riders of all levels, whether beginners or seasoned equestrians. Quality boots offer functionality, safety, and comfort, guaranteeing a delightful riding encounter. Within this guide, we are reviewing the five horse riding boots for men, both English and Western, so you can ride with elegance and ease.
Are you prepared to saddle up and embark on an unforgettable equestrian adventure? Whether you’re schooling or competing, one crucial factor that can make or break your horseback experience is the right choice of footwear.
As you mount your horse, the significance of proper horse riding boots cannot be overstated. This gear offers more than just a fashionable look. They provide vital functionality, safety, and comfort for riders of all skill levels. In fact, a properly chosen pair of boots can enhance the grip immensely as well as provide better communication with your companion while riding. Get ready to discover the ideal pair of men’s riding boots that will have you trotting, cantering, and galloping with style.
Best Horse Riding Boots for Men Detailed Review
We have compiled a list of the five leading riding boots that every man will appreciate while training, competing on a scene, or pleasure riding.
1. Ariat Men Paddock Boots – Solid Lace-Up Gear
The Ariat Men Paddock Boots is a delightful pair of jodhpur boots for everyday use. As per our expertise, the synthetic leather used is quite flexible and sturdy as well as twin V-shaped gussets provide a better fir. The gear is highly soft and flexible, it is a great choice for horseback riding.
- The boots are made with full-grain leather that is moisture-wicking.
- The lace-up design is great to fix the gear on feet.
- The double gussets provide a snug fit and flexibility.
- The rubber sole provides better grip and comfort.
The Ariat Men Paddock Boots is a great alternative to pull-on boots. Being designed in English classy style with spur rests, these shorter shoes are a perfect match for English riding. The garment comes in black color and a big array of sizes so you can find the best pair of boots.
- Water resistant
- Quite flexible
- Lightweight design
- Not good for wide feet
- No zipper
2. Ariat Western Cowboy Boots – Sturdy Pull-On Wear
The Western Cowboy Boots are another fascinating shoes of the Ariat brand, designed in Western style this time. Unlike the previous product, these shoes come with pull-on loops on the top to put them on / off easily. They feature enhanced footbed and shank design for better absorption and comfort during the ride.
- They made with full-grain leather fabric that is convenient and flexible.
- The pull-on loops provide better comfort to wear.
- The gel-cushioned footbed is made for sweat-absorption.
- The outsole with tread protects the rider and improves the durability.
The Ariat Western Cowboy Boots have a trendy comfortable style due to the materials used. If you’re looking for reliable gear to partake in Western riding in summer and in winter, you have come to the right place. They are in high demand because of convenient pull-on design and enhanced outsole for durability. The wear comes in different colors to satisfy any equestrian customer.
- Soft and firm
- Leather lining
- Thick footbed
- Poor inner seams
- Could be heavy
3. Shires Moretta Clio Paddock Boot – Faux Leather Gear
The Shires paddock boots are a well-regarded choice for equestrian footwear, offering a blend of style, durability, and comfort. The brand is known for crafting durable soles with anti-fatigue features in irons. These English riding boots are designed the way to help with arch support.
- The Moretta Clio boots are meticulously handcrafted using premium faux leather, ensuring unparalleled strength and enduring performance.
- Shires boots showcase a stylish and polished design that is easy to care for.
- The cushioned ActiveFit insole and supple leather lining guarantee exceptional comfort, even during extended riding disciplines.
- The boots feature a secure and adjustable fit, thanks to the front zip and gullets.
- The rubber outsole provides superior grip and traction to prevent your feet from sliding out of the stirrups.
Shires paddock boots are a fantastic option for riders who prioritize both style and functionality. With its premium leather construction, the gear ensures exceptional durability for long-lasting use. The elegant design seamlessly transitions from the barn to casual activities. The comfortable fit, front zip and slip-resistant sole provide reliability during long hours in the saddle.
- ActiveFit insole for support
- Convenient front zip closure
- Shock-absorbing rubber sole
- Sizing may not be accurate
- Not for wide ankles
4. TuffRider Baroque Dress Boots – Tall-Shaft Zip Gear
The TuffRider Baroque Dress Boots are a solid pair of shoes made by another popular equestrian brand. This product is well-known for its classic look and sturdy materials. It features a lengthy zipper with a snap closure to provide an excellent fit and protection to the rider.
- They are made with soft leather that will last for long.
- The gear comes with a zipper at the back and a snap closure on the top.
- The stretchy gussets along the zipper provide a better fit.
- These men’s English riding boots are designed with contoured ankles and rounded toes for a classy look.
The TuffRider Baroque Dress Boots are a remarkable option for shows and riding. The zipper design protects well and gives an opportunity to put on / off the shoes easily. The gear comes in black color with a large selection of sizes so you’re able to pick the best pair.
- Soft and sturdy
- Great for beginners
- Improved gussets
- Calves might be tight
- Poor insoles
5. Hispar Man Dressage Boots – Genuine Leather Boots
The Hispar Man Dressage Boots is a fascinating option for those who are looking for quality and durable horse riding boots. They feature a non-zip style with V-shaped gussets to sit well. The shoes also have a bit forward shaft design to provide more freedom of movement during riding activities.
- The boots are made with natural leather to improve the quality of the gear.
- Reinforced ankle seam design for a classic elegant look.
- The thicker insole provides more comfort and security.
- The rubber sole enhances the grip duly.
The Hispar Man Dressage Boots is a great purchase for dressage and shows. The item is loved for its quality materials used and a fashionable look. After putting the gear to a test we concluded the thick rubber sole improves protection and comfort throughout the ride. In addition, the shoes come in two colors with a huge range of sizes which is a great plus.
- Soft and comfy
- Thick fabric
- Improved outsole
- No zipper
- Could be stiff a bit
Top 5 Horse Riding Boots for Men Comparison
Ariat Men Paddock Boots
Ariat Western Cowboy Boots
Shires Moretta Clio Paddock Boot
TuffRider Baroque Dress Boots
Hispar Man Dressage Boots
Factors to Consider when Choosing Riding Boots for a Man
- Safety. Search for riding footwear that boasts a durable and supportive design. The gear should come with ample protection for your feet and ankles. Opt for boots with a heel height of around 1-1.5 inches to minimize the risk of your foot slipping through the stirrup and getting caught.
- Comfort. Consider boots crafted from premium, supple leather or synthetic materials that offer freedom of movement and breathability.
- Proper Sole. Make sure your boots feature a non-slip, treaded sole that provides a secure grip in the stirrups and on the ground. The sole should offer flexibility to ensure proper foot and ankle movement during riding.
- Style and Purpose. Opt for a product that is suitable for your specific style of riding and the discipline you’re engaged in. For English riding disciplines, such as dressage or jump shows, consider tall riding boots that extend up to the knee. Western riding may call for cowboy boots with a lower heel and distinct styling.
- Water Resistance. Depending on the conditions you ride in, select footwear that offers water resistance or has a waterproof lining. This will help keep your feet dry even in wet weather.
- Durability. Search for boots that are specifically designed to withstand the rigors of regular riding. These boots should have reinforced stitching and be made from high-quality materials. Such gear can endure extended hours in the saddle and frequent exposure to dirt, mud, and horse-related activities.
- Ease of Cleaning. Riding boots for men have a tendency to accumulate dirt rapidly. Opt for boots that are effortless to clean and maintain, ultimately saving you valuable time and energy in the future.
- Budget. Establish a budget that meets your requirements and carefully evaluate the overall value of the men’s boots. Although superior riding boots may have a higher cost, they generally offer enhanced comfort, longevity, and safety.
The Main Types of Riding Boots for Men
Horse riding is grasped to be divided into two styles – Western and English. Each of these styles has different boot designs.
- Western boots. Such cowboy boots have a bit higher heels than English boots. They tend to have enhanced sole to avoid slipping from the stirrups.
- English boots. These are classy tall black boots but nowadays you can find a variety of color and style options.
- Tall boots. They typically come with a back zipper along the shaft so they are easy to take on / off. It includes field boots for eventing and dress boots for dressage.
- Short boots. It’s quite a versatile design that is more budget-friendly than tall boots. Usually, they come with pull-up gussets or a zipper which is comfy for everyday use. In case you own half chaps, you can turn short boots into long ones. Paddock boots or jodhpur boots is an English-style short footwear that has pull-on, zipper, or laced designs.
Choosing the Right Size of Men’s Boots for Horse Riding
First, you have to take measurements of your feet and legs to know your size. You can use a regular soft tape as if you pick your common boots. It’s recommended to measure your leg in a sitting position so if you feel uncomfortable, you may ask somebody for help.
Various equestrian brands provide their own size charts which might differ slightly. But generally, the measurements required are your foot length and width as well as your width around the calf and its length.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Do I Need Horse Riding Boots?
Horse riding boots are made to bring more safety and comfort while riding a horse. Equestrian riders have their special attire like any other sportsman. Thus, riding boots help you improve your leg position in a saddle and enhance the grip in stirrups. Therefore, it’s strongly recommended to wear proper horse riding gear.
What are the Fabrics of Riding Boots?
Nowadays, there’s a huge range of footwear available on the market that’s different in styles, colors, and materials. The fabric used has an impact on the quality, longevity, and price of the goods.
Commonly, horse riding boots are made with genuine leather which is more long-lasting but expensive. If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option, consider faux leather boots that are soft and great for everyday riding. Lots of beginners opt for PU leather footwear.
Can I Wear My Hiking Boots Instead?
It’s not recommended to put on walking or hiking boots when riding a horse. As various footwear is made to meet quite different purposes. Hiking boots are typically wide so they are uncomfortable to place them in stirrups. Moreover, the sole is not “sticky” enough not to slip off. Although, some riders use hiking boots indeed when horse riding or working if they’re quite comfy, but this is not an option for everyday use.
How Much Do Horse Riding Boots for Men Cost?
Basic riding boots for men generally have a price range of $50 to $150. These boots are commonly constructed using synthetic materials and provide fundamental functionality and comfort. Mid-level boots are typically priced at $150 to $300. Such gear is crafted using premium materials like genuine leather, ensuring enhanced durability.
Premium riding boots, meticulously handcrafted from fine leather, can be priced at $300 and beyond. These boots are renowned for their advanced features, ensuring top-notch performance, comfort, and style. Often seen in professional equestrian competitions, they are associated with reputable brands, reflecting their prestigious reputation.
The price of men’s riding boots can differ based the brand, materials used, workmanship, and the specific type of riding boots.
Choosing the right pair oh horse riding boots is a demanding task so we did our best to ease the searching. As there’s a solid assortment of options available on the market, we narrowed down the list to top 5 equestrian boots for men that are different in styles, fabric, and key features.
Overall, when choosing a solid pair of boots, pay attention to the materials and extras of the garment so you could be totally satisfied with the product and focused on the riding with no issues. The same rule applies to women horse riding boots.