Horseback riding activities require constant training so high-quality equipment is a must. The Ariat Men Paddock Boots is a fascinating mixture of durable fabric and comfortable design that every avid equestrian craves for. After testing 14 pairs of horse riding boots in different conditions, this product showed first-class features.
A wide range of equestrian gear is provided on the market as well as horse riding boots. Modern equestrian manufacturers design the garment especially for horse riding sports so the horseman could sit comfy in a saddle during the ride.
Horse riding boots are not just stylish shoes, they play a significant role as a protective gear too. In fact, a properly chosen pair of boots can enhance the grip immensely as well as provide better communication with your companion while riding. That’s why we drew up a list of superb horse riding boots for men for your consideration.
Top 5 Horse Riding Boots for Men Comparison
Ariat Men Paddock Boots
Ariat Western Cowboy Boots
TuffRider Baroque Dress Boots
TuffRider Barouque Paddock Boots
Hispar Man Dressage Boots
Best Horse Riding Boots for Men Detailed Review
It’s better to research the goods first before purchasing them. That’s why we prepared a detailed review of the best horse riding boots for men in the current market. Just take your time!
1 Ariat Men Paddock Boots – Solid Lace-Up Gear
The Ariat Men Paddock Boots is a delightful pair of jodhpur boots for everyday use. The synthetic leather used is quite flexible and sturdy as well as twin V-shaped gussets provide a better fir. The gear is highly soft and flexible, it is a great choice for horseback riding.
- The boots are made with full-grain leather that is moisture-wicking.
- The lace-up design is great to fix the gear on feet.
- The double gussets provide a snug fit and flexibility.
- The rubber sole provides better grip and comfort.
The Ariat Men Paddock Boots is a great alternative to pull-on boots. Being designed in English classy style with spur rests, these shoes are a perfect match for English riding. The garment comes in black color and a big array of sizes so you can find the best pair of boots.
- Water resistant
- Quite flexible
- Lightweight design
- Not good for wide feet
- No zipper
2 Ariat Western Cowboy Boots – Sturdy Pull-On Wear
The Western Cowboy Boots are another fascinating shoes of the Ariat brand, designed in Western style this time. Unlike the previous product, these shoes come with pull-on loops on the top to put them on / off easily. They feature enhanced footbed and shank design for better absorption and comfort during the ride.
- They made with full-grain leather fabric that is convenient and flexible.
- The pull-on loops provide better comfort to wear.
- The gel-cushioned footbed is made for sweat-absorption.
- The outsole with tread protects the rider and improves the durability.
The Ariat Western Cowboy Boots have a trendy comfortable style due to the materials used. They are in high demand because of convenient pull-on design and enhanced outsole for durability. The wear comes in different colors to satisfy any equestrian customer.
- Soft and firm
- Leather lining
- Thick footbed
- Poor inner seams
- Could be heavy
3 TuffRider Baroque Dress Boots – Tall-Shaft Zip Gear
The TuffRider Baroque Dress Boots is a solid pair of shoes made by another popular equestrian brand. This product is well-known for its classic look and sturdy materials. It features a lengthy zipper with a snap closure to provide an excellent fit and protection to the rider.
- They are made with soft leather that will last for long.
- The gear comes with a zipper at the back and a snap closure on the top.
- The stretchy gussets along the zipper provide a better fit.
- The boots are designed with contoured ankles and rounded toes for a classy look.
The TuffRider Baroque Dress Boots is a remarkable option for shows and riding. The zipper design protects well and gives an opportunity to put on / off the shoes easily. The gear comes in black color with a wide sizing chart so you’re able to pick the best pair.
- Soft and sturdy
- Great for beginners
- Improved gussets
- Calves might be tight
- Poor insoles
4 TuffRider Barouque Paddock Boots – Punch-Styled Shoes
The TuffRider Barouque Paddock Boots are quite durable equestrian shoes for men that have a front zipper design. They come with elastic gussets on the both sides of the product that make them easy to put on / off. The garment is designed with reinforced stitching and punched toe straps for a fancy look.
- The boots are made with full-grain leather fabric that is quite durable.
- They come with a front zip and side gussets to wear them with no probs.
- The spur rests are made for classic English horse riding style.
- The rubber outsoles improve the grip and protection during the ride.
The TuffRider Barouque Paddock Boots is an awesome option for riding on a daily basis. The product is popular for its trendy look with leather shafts, spur rests and punched rounded toe caps. The solid rubber outsoles make these boots ready to be used in any weather conditions.
- Cozy and flexible
- Water resistant
- Solid gussets
- Poor toe strip
- Not good for wide feet
5 Hispar Man Dressage Boots – Genuine Leather Boots
The Hispar Man Dressage Boots is a fascinating option for those who are looking for quality and durable horse riding boots. They feature a non-zip style with V-shaped gussets to sit well. The shoes also have a bit forward shaft design to provide more freedom of movement during riding activities.
- The boots are made with natural leather to improve the quality of the gear.
- Reinforced ankle seam design for a classic elegant look.
- The thicker insole provides more comfort and security.
- The rubber sole enhances the grip duly.
The Hispar Man Dressage Boots is a great purchase for dressage and shows. The product is loved for its quality materials used and a fashionable look. The thick rubber sole improves protection and comfort throughout the ride. In addition, the shoes come in two colors with a huge range of sizes which is a great plus.
- Soft and comfy
- Thick fabric
- Improved outsole
- No zipper
- Could be stiff a bit
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Do I Need Horse Riding Boots?
Horse riding boots are made to bring more safety and comfort while riding a horse. Equestrian riders have their special attire like any other sportsman. Thus, riding boots help you improve your leg position in a saddle and enhance the grip in stirrups. Therefore, it’s strongly recommended to wear proper horse riding gear.
What are the Main Types of Riding Boots?
Horse riding is grasped to be divided into two styles – Western and English. Each of these styles has different boot designs.
- Western boots. Such boots have a bit higher heels than English boots. They tend to have enhanced sole to avoid slipping from the stirrups.
- English boots. These are classy tall black boots but nowadays you can find a variety of color and style options.
- Tall boots. They typically come with a back zipper along the shaft so they are easy to take on / off. It includes field boots for eventing and dress boots for dressage.
- Short boots. It’s quite a versatile design that is more budget-friendly than tall boots. Usually, they come with pull-up gussets or a zipper which is comfy for everyday use. Paddock boots or jodhpur boots is an English-style short footwear that has pull-on, zipper, or laced designs.
What are the Fabrics of Riding Boots?
Nowadays, there’s a huge range of footwear available on the market that’s different in styles, colors, and materials. The fabric used has an impact on the quality, longevity, and price of the goods.
Commonly, horse riding boots are made with genuine leather which is more long-lasting but expensive. If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option, consider faux leather boots that are soft and great for everyday riding. Lots of beginners opt for PU leather footwear.
How to Choose the Right Size of Boots?
First, you have to take measurements of your feet and legs to know your size. You can use a regular soft tape as if you pick your common boots. It’s recommended to measure your leg in a sitting position so if you feel uncomfortable, you may ask somebody for help.
Various equestrian brands provide their own size charts which might differ slightly. But generally, the measurements required are your foot length and width as well as your width around the calf and its length.
Can I Wear My Hiking Boots Instead?
It’s not recommended to put on walking or hiking boots when riding a horse. As various footwear is made to meet quite different purposes. Hiking boots are typically wide so they are uncomfortable to place them in stirrups. Moreover, the sole is not “sticky” enough not to slip off. Although, some riders use hiking boots indeed when horse riding or working if they’re quite comfy, but this is not an option for everyday use.
Choosing the right pair oh horse riding boots is a demanding task so we did our best to ease the searching. As there’s a wide array of options available on the market, we narrowed down the list to top 5 equestrian boots for men that are different in styles, fabric, and key features. And also we concluded that the Ariat Men Paddock Boots is the most splendid horse riding gear hitting the rest of the products by their durable design and convenient fit.
Anyway, when choosing a solid pair of boots, pay attention to the materials and extras of the garment so you could be totally satisfied with the product and focused on the riding with no issues. The same rule applies to women horse riding boots.